The capability to distinguish IP traffic and understanding the source, the traffic destination, the time of day, the application deployment is vital for network accessibility, performance & troubleshooting. By evaluating NetFlow data, a network manager can recognize the cause of clogging; find out the class of service for every user and application; and recognizing the origin and destination network for your traffic. Scrutinizing IP traffic flows facilitates more precise capacity planning and makes sure that resources are employed properly in support of business objectives. This gives business chances that help validate and optimizes the huge investment involved in constructing a network ranging from traffic engineering to comprehending network detailed behaviour. Understanding behaviour enables users to execute new IP services & applications with self-confidence.
Here in this article we will talk about the advantages or gains of NetFlow. One thing in particular that differentiates NetFlow based traffic monitoring from the conventional SNMP reliant systems is the capability to exemplify traffic applications & patterns. Understanding what the traffic is, who it’s from, how and where it flows is vital for network performance as well as troubleshooting. For example, it assists network managers determine where to use QoS as it plays a crucial part in network security to identify network propagated worms, DoS (Denial-of-Service) attacks and other unwanted network events.
NetFlow information makes sure that resources are used effectively in support of business objectives. Furthermore, it facilitates solutions to several general network problems comprising:
• Network security susceptibilities and inconsistency detection
• Troubleshooting and recognizing network pain points
• Verify new applications and their network impact
• Recognition of illegal WAN traffic
• Corroboration of QoS parameters
• Decrease in peak WAN traffic
• Network productivity
• Long-term agreement issues
• Use of network resources
• The effect of changes to the network
Advantage of using Cisco NetFlow:
• Flexibility, measurability of flow data beyond conventional NetFlow
• The aptitude to monitor a wider variety of packet information producing new information regarding network behaviour not accessible today.
• Improved network irregularity and security exposure
• User configurable flow information to execute modified traffic recognition and the aptitude to focus and check specific network behaviour.
• Improved manage deployments in the network
• Convergence of manifold accounting technologies into 1 accounting mechanism
Download a free trial & discover how MIMIC NetFlow Simulator creates a lab full of devices based on Cisco® NetFlow, Juniper® J-Flow, IPFIX, NBAR, NBAR2 and Cisco Flexible NetFlow data to completely evaluate and test your Flow monitoring, management and analysis applications.
Follow Gambit Communications on:-